Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his
life for his friends.

John 15:13


Heard this scripture at church this morning and it just hit me, I'm His friend. And He died for me! I can't even imagine giving up my life (let alone my ONLY son!) for a friend. Thank goodness God is bigger and more amazing than me.



Easter is a little different this year. My mom is in Wenatchee, WA with my sisters and sweet little niece, Joanna, so she isn't here to plan and make the "traditional" easter lunch. My dad has stepped up though and is making lunch (with some help!).

We don't have many Easter traditions.... yet. Once Aiden is a bit older and can understand the holiday we'll do more. Growing up, we always woke up to the table set and decorated, with little presents at our plates. Then yummy breakfast (usually cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, breakfast casserole) and off to church. The past few years we've been inviting other young married couples over to my parent's and having a big potluck lunch. It's always fun, especially the easter egg hunt with the little kids. I can't wait for next year when Aiden is old enough. :)

What are your Easter traditions?

1 comment:

  1. We always go to church, then usually have lunch with family and then the egg hunt for the kids. This year I made our Easter lunch for Aaron's family...it was fun, even though the day was rainy and we had to stay indoors...but the real meaning of Easter was certainly celebrated!

    Blessings, Grace

    ReplyDelete