Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall turns to Winter (an update post)

Well, it sure has been a while since I've posted anything new, so I'll give you a quick rundown on what has been going on around here! First, it is officially winter (to us alaskans!). Snow has fallen and stuck. The weather was kinda weird at first, snowing then melting, then snowing some more but I think it has finally come for good! It is 5pm and the sun is already setting. :)

Secondly, we have a coffee table! It was actually purchased this summer, but we had to strip it and re-stain it and that took a little while. I think it fits beautifully in our living room, don't you?

(As you can see on the table, I've been addicted to Bones lately! Quite an interesting show. )

My mom has gotten me into knitting these past few years and I really do enjoy it! And a few weeks ago I had a chance to put that knowledge to good and help someone out. A friend of ours has an old friend in Colorado whose 8 year old daughter was diagnosed with neuroblastoma cancer about a month ago. So my friend wanted to send her a gift package and she asked me and some other ladies from church if we would make something to give to this girl. My mom and I got together, found some girly yarn and knitted her a matching scarf and hat set. Unfortunately I only have a picture of the scarf (since I made it) and I only had about a week to make it, so it's nothing fancy, but I think she'll like it!


And that's what has been going on around here (beside the usually work and such). This next month and a half are going to be crazy for me so I might not be posting much. I really do love this time of year, all the festivities, parties, decorations and yummy food!

Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Great coffee table! And cute scarf! Your mom is the knitting queen! You're blessed to have such a good teacher! ;)

    Love, Grace

    ReplyDelete