Saturday, October 15, 2011

State Fair 2011

This was actually back in August, but I figured I'd get caught up on my blogging while Aiden is sleeping.

The Alaska State Fair is synonymous with rain and clouds. And surprisingly, it was rainy and cloudy when we went! But we still had a good time. Mainly people watching and eating fair food. :)

Eli and his dream car! It was pretty sweet.

They had a "Down Under" exhibit this year. The little kangaroos were adorable!

This guy kept on making weird noises and walking up and down the fence way. I don't think he liked being confined.

Who knew that pelicans were this big?!?! I was amazed.


A Kookaburra. He didn't like me....

I entered an arrangement into the Wedding Bouquet category and won 1st place! I was super nervous that I wasn't going to get anything!

Stock, Lisianthus, Bear Grass, Plumosa and Yarrow.

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Our state fair is going on right now but I haven't been yet. :) Your arrangement is beautiful! I like your use of the bear grass and the pink yarrow is so pretty! I've never seen it in pink!!!

    Hugs,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete