Monday, September 15, 2014

Whole 30:Week 1 Menu

As mentioned in my previous post, we are doing the Whole 30 Challenge this month. I am halfway through the first day and doing well! Haha. 

I wanted to post the menu here so that everyone can see how easy and yummy these recipes sound! Seriously, I am pretty excited to try them. And I was able to find almost everything at Fred Meyer's. The items I wasn't able to find were due to the store rearranging everything and I spent literally an hour in the store, walking in circles looking for 3 items or an employee in that section. I'll be so glad in a few weeks when I have re-memorized the layout. But, back to the Whole 30 Menu. 

I found this blog (whole family strong.com) through the Whole 30 website. It was one of their recommendations for recipes and said they were 100% compliant with Whole 30 and they have a 30 day menu already planned out! How handy is that? One thing I was worried about going into this challenge was finding recipes, but now I don't have to worry about that. I also followed a gal on Pinterest who had a Whole 30 board and have started my own board with recipes I want to try. 

Now the menu.....

Monday

Breakfast: Apple Bumbkin Breakfast Bake
Lunch: Chicken Salad on a bed of lettuce & spinach
Dinner: Meatloaf Cake w/ Lemon-herb Asparagus

Tuesday

Breakfast: Meatloaf & eggs OR leftover Apple Bake
Lunch: Chicken Salad
Dinner: Dinner w/ Emma & Mick (who are also doing Whole 30)

Wednesday

Breakfast: Eggs or Apple Bake
Lunch: Chicken Salad
Dinner: Cilantro Caribou Burgers w/ Sauteed Carrots

Thursday

Breakfast: Eggs w/ diced Caribou Burger
Lunch: Chicken Salad OR Sausage & Cabbage Delight
Dinner: Crockpot Pulled Pork w/ Baked Butternut Squash

Friday

Breakfast: Pulled Pork & Scrambled Eggs
Lunch: Chicken Salad OR Sausage & Cabbage Delight
Dinner: Herb Crusted Salmon & Sauteed Kale

Saturday

Breakfast: Eggs w/ Salmon
Lunch: Chicken Salad OR Sausage & Cabbage Delight
Dinner: Any Leftovers

Sunday

Breakfast: Eggs w/ Sweet Potato Hash
Lunch: Crispy Chicken Legs
Dinner: Stuffed Poblano Peppers w/ Cauliflower Rice


So it looks like we'll be going through a lot of eggs! Maybe we do need chickens....

I made a big batch of the chicken salad yesterday and am planning on eating that for lunch until it's gone. Same thing with the Apple Bumbkin Bake for breakfast.

And, my mom gave me a big bag of local grown apples (from her friend) and some rhubarb so I made rhubarb applesauce (no sugar!) and I figure that it will be a good, healthy snack. 

Normally, I don't like meatloaf but I am looking forward to trying a new recipe. I'll let you know what we think. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment