Monday, October 6, 2014

Whole 30: Week 3 Recap and Week 4 Menu

I had ever intention of blogging last week...... but it obviously never happened. Just one of those weeks where the days flew by and I felt like I had tons to do. But, it is a new week and hopefully not a crazy one!

One of our favorite recipes from last week was Salmon with Coconut Cream Sauce. It was delicious! I am always looking for new ways to cook salmon, so I am glad to have tried this one and that we all liked it. Plus, it was very simple. :)

I have also discovered that I love sweet potatoes! Of course I already knew they were yummy, but for some reason I never thought to buy them. But since starting this challenge we have eaten them several times a week, in all kinds of forms. Fries, hash browns, in meat dishes, with eggs for breakfast. So good! And Costco carries a 10lb bag so I think we're set for a little while! 

As we enter week 4 I am surprised at how fast this has flown by! This first week felt like forever and I was wondering how in the world I was going to do this for 30 days! But now we're on Day 22, only 8 days left! I am feeling great! More energy, my skin feels awesome, I feel full after a meal but not bloated, and I am pretty sure I lost an inch or 2 off my waist. It's truly amazing how eating clean and healthy can make you feel (and look!) so good. I always knew food played a major part in losing/gaining weight, but never quite realized how much. We normally ate pretty well, but I feel like I have learned so much more about what foods affect my body, for good or not. 

Alright, Week 4 Menu.

Monday
Breakfast: Apple Bumpkin Bake (seriously, love this too!)
Lunch: Leftover Roasted Throw Together
Dinner: Bacon Wrapped Chicken & Citrus Glazed Carrots

Tuesday
Breakfast: Probably Apple Bumpkin Bake again. :)
Lunch: Leftover Butternut Squash Lasagne
Dinner: Bunless Caribou Burgers & Sweet Potato Coins

Wednesday
Breakfast: Eggs or Apple Bumpkin Bake
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Curry Chicken

Thursday
Breakfast: Eggs and meat
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Sausage Gumbo

Friday
Breakfast: Eggs
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Dinner w/ friends. :)

Saturday
Breakfast: More Eggs
Lunch: Shrimp & Avocado Salad
Dinner: Salmon Cakes & Tropical Cabbage Salad

Sunday
Breakfast: Eggs w/ sweet potato hash browns
Lunch: Spicy Coconut Shrimp
Dinner: Caribou Shish Kabobs

I am really excited for the shrimp and avocado salad. Two of my favorite things!
Have you tried any good Whole30 or Paleo recipes lately? Let me know! I am always looking for new and yummy recipes. 

It's a good thing I like leftovers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment